About Bikram Yoga
What is Bikram Yoga?
Bikram yoga is a hatha based yoga series. It has 26 postures and is a 90 minutes long series. Each posture is done twice and each one prepares you for the next. The yoga room is heated to a specific temperature of 38 degrees and the Bikram series is done a specific order. We will offer a 90 minute class as well as a 60 minute class which is called focus60.
Hot 60 is a similar sequence to the traditional 90 min class but its a bit more fun and just as challenging, suitable for everyone, beginners and the more experienced
Yin Yoga Class
A series of long-held poses, seated and supine, a passive practise accessing deeper layers of connective tissues, muscle and fascia. Poses are held for 3-5 minutes, Fabulous for everyone, and everyone welcome.
Every single time you come you will learn something or improve in some way, it is for everyone, the very beginner and the experienced. The more you come the more you get out of it and then you start to see and feel the magic!
What are the Benefits?
- Teaches you to breathe fully, freely and correctly.
- Builds strength, flexibility, balance and endurance.
- Helps enduce better sleep and wake cycles.
- Improvement in posture and spinal health.
- Vibrancy in skin tone.
- Increases concentration and focus.
- Development of listening, patience and understanding of cranial hemispheres.
- Prevents chronic illness and injuries.
- Reduces stress levels.
- Weight loss and toning.
- Works through the systems of the body: cardio, nervous, lymphatic, endocrine, immune, digestive, reproductive, muscular, skeletal.
- Integration of left and right hemisphere of the brain.
- Works every gland, organ, muscle, tendon ligament in the body.
- Improves heart and lung capacity.
Why the Heat?
- Muscles, fascia, connective tissue all become more elastic, which allows for greater flexibility and less chance of injury.
- Sweating is promoted which allows for detoxing.
- Blood becomes thinner and runs through the circulatory system cleansing and clearing.
- Your body burns more fat and it can be distributed and burned as energy during the class.
- Will power, self control, concentration and determination are all challenged and then in turn strengthed in the gruelling environment.
- Your heart rate becomes elevated and cardio system gets a huge workout, ie your heart and lungs..
- Heat gives a more fluid stretch, allowing the joints, muscles and ligaments to regain full range of movement.
- Capillaries dilate in the heat therefore oxygenating the tissues, muscles, glands and aiding in the dilution of waste.